Kabul, Afghanistan): Earthquake tremors were felt in Faizabad, Afghanistan on Sunday. The earthquake occurred at 5:09 pm, with a magnitude of 4.4. This information has been given by the National Center for Seismology (NCS). “The earthquake occurred today (10-10-2021) at 5:09 pm today (10-10-2021) in Faizabad, Afghanistan. The magnitude of the earthquake was recorded at 4.4 on the Richter scale,” NCS said. Significantly, each scale of the Richter scale in an earthquake is 10 times more powerful than the previous scale.
The relationship between the Richter scale and the intensity of an earthquake?
- An earthquake on the Richter scale from 0 to 1.9 can only be detected by the seismograph.
- A mild tremor occurs when an earthquake occurs on the Richter scale of 2 to 2.9.
- An earthquake on the Richter scale of 3 to 3.9 causes a truck to pass near you.
- An earthquake on the Richter scale of 4 to 4.9 can cause windows to break. Frames hanging on the walls can fall.
- Furniture can shake when an earthquake strikes a 5 to 5.9 Richter scale.
- An earthquake on the Richter scale of 6 to 6.9 can cause the foundations of buildings to crack. Upper floors may be damaged.
- Buildings collapse when an earthquake occurs on the Richter scale of 7 to 7.9. Pipes burst inside the ground.
- Large bridges, including buildings, collapse when an earthquake occurs on the Richter scale of 8 to 8.9.
- Complete destruction in case of an earthquake on the Richter scale of 9 and above. If someone is standing in the field, he will see the earth waving. If the sea is near, there will be a tsunami.
What to do and what not to do in case of an earthquake?
- In the event of an earthquake, immediately leave home, school or work and go to an open field. Stay away from big buildings, trees, electric poles etc.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator to go out.
- If you are stuck somewhere, do not run. This will have more impact of the earthquake.
- In case of earthquake, move away from windows, cupboards, fans, heavy objects placed above so that they do not get hurt due to falling and breaking of glass.
- If you can’t get out, get under sturdy furniture like tables, beds, desks and hold onto his legs tightly so that the shaking doesn’t slip him.
- If there is no strong thing, then cover the delicate parts of the body like head, hands, etc. with a thick book or something strong, and sit on your knees adjacent to a strong wall.
- Do not stand near the door that opens or closes, otherwise you may get hurt.
- If in a vehicle, stop the vehicle on the side of the road or in the open, away from buildings, hoardings, poles, flyovers, bridges, etc. and wait until the earthquake stops.